Anxious. Stressed. Stretched and bone achingly exhausted.
Lack of control.
In your body. In your mind and maybe even in your heart.
Bottom line: Parenting just feels hard. It’s a chore. It’s a challenge. It has lots of conflict.
And that happy, got-it-all-together organised vital spark of yours? She packed her bags, left and hit the road…a long time ago.
Maybe you’ve been thinking there’s something amiss with your children (or you). Or maybe you’re blaming that drained feeling on other things. Stress from work. Stress from the children. Not getting enough sleep. Too many things to do and not enough time to do them in. Responsibilities. A ferocious lack of ‘you’ time. (We’ve all been there.)
But what if it were as simple as listening to what you say and how you do things? What if it were as simple as the words you say – or don’t? Or what you do – or don’t do?
What if it were as simple as making just a few small changes – that make a major impact and change everything?
What if it were really that simple?
Good news: Here at The Parenting Pacemaker, it really is.
Because small changes? Change everything! Are you ready for it?
So what does it mean?
- It means getting out of your own way and creating the family you really deserve (not the one you have to put up with!).
- It means stepping up to the line as a parent and taking responsibility for what’s happening in your life – and your family’s.
- It means if you’re not happy with areas of your life, your family, your children – it’s up to you – you can change it!
- It means accepting change. Sometimes things get worse before they get better. It doesn’t happen overnight. Life gets messy and it gets in the way. It’s up to you to work your way through.
- It means admitting that sometimes you need someone to hold your hand and help you figure out where you need to go and what you need to do so you can begin to take small steps (or big leaps) towards your goals.
HINT: That someone is me!
Because parenting isn’t about being the ‘perfect parent’, being your children’s best friend (or slave) or buying more and more stuff to compensate for not being there.
It’s about truly caring about yourself (I do know you truly care for your kids as well – don’t let it be to the detriment of you, you lovely gorgeous parent) and working out how you can be the best parent for your family.
Yes, that’s right: just the best you can be.
And I’m willing to bet that your best will surprise you!
So what are we going to do?
We’re going to tackle the stuff that keeps you stuck in the same (unproductive) routines with your family.
We’re going to take little baby steps in implementing the behaviours and language that are right for you – and they’ll make a huge difference to you as well as your family. (They won’t know what’s swept them off their feet!)
We’re going to reconnect with the reasons WHY you wanted your precious children in the first place so we can make a plan of action (and fun).
We’re going to give the ‘evil eye’ to disrespect, lack of communication, general unhelpfulness and the I-don’t-know-what-to-do-next-about-it-all.
And we’re going to stop life (and your family) mugging you so you can hit your bliss button again and again so life, family and you feel good again.
Take a little peek at my services to see exactly how we’re going to do this.
Hello and welcome. Take a peek here!
Where are my manners?
Hi there, lovely parents, I’m Judith!
Small changes, change everything.
Are you prepared to do all that it takes to get you closer to the family you really want?
Click the link in the big green box above to find out more.